Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just One Thing

Here's another song
Boy, shit has been complicated over here!

Sorry it's so buzzy; I don't have a real microphone




It's never been so easy / When it should be so hard
I feel right at home with you / though I know we've gone too far
Call it strength or weakness / but I don't feel, in my heart
That there is any reason / That we should stay apart

Chorus
This feels right to me / and this feels right to you
And judging by the circumstance / there's just one thing we can do

She says she's not your girlfriend / about that she's adamant
but when you two are together / it looks like she don't mean it
If you two were an item / then I wouldn't write this song
But seeing how we all agree / I think it's time that we moved on

You know I could be happy with you
When I look into your eyes, I see you would be too.

I've never been so happy / as I am in your embrace
I'm giddy as a school girl / when I see your smiling face
I don't know if it's love, man / but I don't care either way
these feelings I have for you / are more than some cliché

Now that I've tasted you, / your flavor haunts my tongue
And I know I can't walk away / now that this has begun

I've spent a lot of my life / putting other people first
the book of disappointment / is one in which I'm well versed
but this time I'm not willing / to sacrifice myself
why take this joy from both of us / just to put it on a shelf

This feels right to me, / and this feels right to you
And judging by the circumstance / there's just one thing we can do

So let's do what we want to / I don't see why not
Having thought it through quite well / well, I don't see why not
So, let her down easy / so we can do what's right
then you can come on over / and sleep in my arms tonight

No comments: